Monday, March 3, 2008

The Bowling Coalition

Every Monday, I have the opportunity to be on a bowling team and compete in a women's bowling league, which is referred to as the "Bowlettes."  It's really fun because I get to spend time with really good friends which are my sister-in-law, Ashley Steele, her sister, Reggie Peck, and a good friend, Angie Ballard.  What's fun about our team is that we all have  babies, as opposed to the very elderly women that we bowl against who each wear wrist braces which I assume aren't for their fragile bones, but for better agility while bowling. We are also the youngest team there, and finally, we are in dead last.  I'll tell you what, these other women know how to bowl and they take it seriously.  We just go because it's fun to get out of the house and be with friends and we get a strike every once in a while.  So in honor of our fabulous team in which we are named "The Pin Monkeys," here are some fun pictures.

"The Pin Monkeys"
Before bowling, Ashley and I like to get into character.  She chooses to pull a "Blue Steel," whereas I prefer to put on more of an ape-like persona.



After getting a strike, which happens rarely, we celebrate by either doing a handstand or clicking our heals together like the infamous leprechans do.





And of course, how can we be the "Pin Monkeys" without our little bowling babies?



And Sophie



1 comment:

Charles said...

Meagan I really enjoy your blog and not just for the pictures of Ellie. It's so fun it makes me want to start one but how many entries about being an unemployed bed head could I get away with.

Keep it up.