Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Why Men's Synchronized Swimming Should be an Olympic Sport

The other day NBC played all of Saturday Night Live's shorts, both old and new.  And although most were funny, this one had me in tears, and it's not the first time.  It came out in 1984, so I was only 4 years old, but I remember my parents watching this and my mother laughing so hard she cried.  Also, I think that they actually recorded it on a, now stick with me, video cassette.  And as I have seen this throughout the vast years of my life, it only gets funnier.  From Martin Short's inability to swim and ridiculous hairline to Christopher Guests' off the shoulder sweatshirt and spandex pants, it is by far one of the funniest things I have ever seen and only hope that others out there will appreciate this as much as I do.  Also, I have to apologize that it's not the whole skit, but this was all I could find. Please enjoy.

No comments: