Friday, January 6, 2012

A Moment...with Meagan


I haven't done this in a while and maybe because it feels like every moment I have is flying by because life seems so busy. But I feel like I'm having an off day, well, maybe an off week. Olivia isn't sleeping through the night and waking up at 6:00 am and doesn't really want to nap anymore and as I type this, she's throwing her bracelets onto the ground and yelling until I pick them up. Ellie had discovered her "sass," meaning that when I ask her to do something, her reply is often, "sorry mom, I don't want to." Hey, at least she prefaced it with a sorry, right? And although we love our house, it feels like it's getting smaller and smaller everyday and what we thought might be an opportunity to move into a bigger home presented itself, it might be off the table. There are other things, but there is no need to type them right now. But as I sit here wallowing in my self-loathing, wishing for a bigger house, Olivia to sleep, Ellie to be more cooperative, more money so that Hubert can go back to school to get his Masters, and to have Heidi Klum's body, it is unbelievable how much I have in my life that's good. My husband has an incredible job which has not been affected by this down economy, we are both very healthy, my "baboon's heart," as my brother Jake likes to refer to it as, is, according to my cardiologist, "healthier than most healthy hearts," my daughters and are healthy, happy, silly, girly, loving, giving, beautiful, unique, and wonderful. My house is in the best neighborhood anyone could ever ask for. I have amazing friends and a more amazing family. We have an incredible support system that is so undeserving sometimes. So even though some of those other things aren't going so great, sometimes I just need to take a moment and realize that I have a pretty wonderful life. Now, I am done complaining. And anyway, how can I be mad at this face?

2 comments:

the Eggett's said...

MEAGAN! It's so good to read this! It is exactly how I find my train of thought at times. We are so lucky...

you are so BEAUTIFUL. Inside and out. I miss you. l find myself wishing that I had you as a neighbor and friend still. I hope all is well, and good luck to your in your pursuit of a bigger place to call home.

The Family said...

I feel the same way. LOVE the neighborhood, feeling my house shrinking, love my babes, love u! xo