Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Let the holidays begin

The day after Thanksgiving, our little family had the opportunity to go with our friends, the Jensens, to Manti for the weekend.  I know what you're thinking and I'm sure it's going something like this, "Wow, Manti!  If only we were all so lucky."  But even though it's a small and quiet town, we had a great time with our friends, but the best part was when we drove up into the mountains, unhooked the four-wheelers, found our Christmas tree, and cut it down.  And to prove that Hubert and I did such a thing, I documented our journey.






Sure, it's a little Charlie Brown and Ellie thinks that she is helping me all day by removing all of the ornaments and handing them to me, but I love it and can't wait to do it again next year.

4 comments:

Lindsay Cutler said...

What a CUTE tree!! I think its so great you guys cut your own tree! I used to do that with my family growing up and it was such a fun tradition! THe 'charlie brown' aspect of it gives it its character. ;-) Love your blog by the way!

Cara said...

Are you kidding me with that picture of Ellie in her hat and coat? You need to keep her under lock and key. She's so cute!

AJ said...

Such fun! Thanks for the new post I was getting ill everytime your vomit shot popped up!

Nells-Bells said...

i've always wanted to do this. so cool that you did.
also, don't worry about ellie not liking santa. both my kids are that way. mason will barely even go near him for fear i will snatch him up and put him on santa's lap. it's crazy.
did i tell you already that i changed my blog address???
roomfornello.blogspot.com