Monday, August 31, 2009

My baby is 2!


It's hard for me to believe that my little baby girl is 2, but I guess I should have seen it coming six months ago since that's when her "terrible 2's" started. But really, she is just so sweet, happy, energetic, smart, curious, beautiful, loved, and so many other things. I can't believe how lucky Hubert and I got to have such a blessing in our lives, but we appreciate and cherish her every day even when she is can be stinker. For example, her new favorite thing to do is touch my extremely swollen foot and say "ew" and then laugh. Good times. But here are some pictures of her special day and I would like to thank everyone who came to her party and for their wonderful gifts and also for her grandparents and great-grandparents who live out of state but sent such wonderful gifts. She loves all of them.

These cakes are so funny because I had literally been up since 6:30 making them and they could not have looked worse, but at least they tasted good and the kids loved their individual cakes.
Jumping with her cousins Addy and Sadee
The great gift that her Grandma and Grandpa Anasco got her which we foolishly opened first and should have waited for last because she didn't want to get off.
Thank you Greatgrandpa and Greatgrandma Day!
Thank you Grandma Kami and Michele!
The apron I spent two weeks sewing with the help of my wonderful friend Cara and sadly, Ellie could not have been less interested.
About to eat cake with her cousins
Her new room unveiled to her when she got home from her party. The kitchen was our present to her, hence the apron. I guess that was lost on her.

3 comments:

JDM said...

I still can't get over how adorable that bed is.
Really the whole room is perfect!
What a great birthday gift.

Nick and Melanie Munns said...

She is Adorable!!! I can't believe she is already two! I love her new room, still need to see it in person!

Nells-Bells said...

LOVE her room! the little kitchen is super cute too. and her apron!! you are awesome. i love how we go to all this work for our little ones and so much goes unnoticed. one day she will thank you for it...