Saturday, May 17, 2008

A fun and festive day




On Thursday, we had the opportunity to attend the wedding of Hubert's cousin, Nancy, in the Salt Lake Temple. Unfortunately, the ceremony was at 9:00 am, therefore putting us right in the middle of rush hour traffic and then leaving us to find parking in downtown Salt Lake, which is atrocious. So, instead of driving, we took advantage of our new train, the Frontrunner, which runs from Ogden to Salt Lake and I have to say that it was WONDERFUL! They have a stop about two minutes from our house and it took about 25 minutes to get into Salt Lake, and then another 15 minutes on TRAX, which is the trolley that runs within Salt Lake. The picture above was taken on the walkway above the tracks.  So, in all the trip took 40 minutes and it could have easily taken closer to an hour and half. I encourage everyone to use their public transportation not only because gas prices are insane, but because we all need to work harder to help the environment and using less gas will definitely help. But not only was the train fun to ride, we had a great time with Hubert's family and we got some great pictures at the Temple,


And what would a great reception be without dancing, well, besides my wedding reception


And because Hubert and I wanted to dance, Grandma Natasha got to dance with Ellie

3 comments:

Charles said...

The two of you danced?! Oh man I would have wanted to see that but maybe Hubert would have gotten shy if robert and I were there to document it!

AJ said...

Megan is that you? I have not seen or heard from you in 10 freakin years. Love the sight, and your little girl is beautiful! Just like her mother. I can still hear your voice calling me AHdge.

Joshua & Lindsay said...

I love it when people comment, so, let me just say: I love ALL your posts, Eliana is GORGEOUS (which I'm sure you already know), I wish I (or you) lived closer so I would get inspired to exercise (I suck!), and I don't know what else but Jack is eating my face off and pinching my neck as hard as he can so I gotta run! Owww!