Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Why I Love Sesame Street

I love Sesame Street for many reasons, but I have decided to narrow the reasons down to three.  So here we go.

1)  For one hour a day, Ellie is completely entertained by Elmo, Big Bird, Grover, The Count, and so many other little monsters.  And for that one hour, I am able to not really do things that would tickle my fancy, but things that need to be done none the less.  So, thank you, PBS, for making the show an hour long.  I know so many mothers that are greatly appreciative.

2)  Elmo.  That's really all I need to say because she loves him and everything about him.  From his cute voice, his laugh, his googley eyes, red fur, and the fact that he speaks in the third person, which, OK, I guess I love.  But, he makes her happy and when he's doing his "Elmo's World," nothing else matters, as seen in this picture.  Oh, and please notice that not only is Elmo on the screen, he is also in the form of a Halloween basket right next to her.  Like I said, she loves Elmo.
3)  The guests and skits.  Sesame Street has had so many guests from Andrea Boccelli and David Beckham to Robert DeNiro and Tina Fey and I have to say that they have never disappointed.  And speaking of Tina Fey, Sesame Street did their own little version of "Thirty Rock," but instead titled it "Thirty Rocks."  I think the title is pretty self-explanatory, but take a look your self.  It's pretty good.

2 comments:

ahollandetc said...

I COMPLETELY agree!!! before i had kids i told myself i wouldn't ever let me kids veg but with sesame street how could i not (an hour to get stuff done and educational entertainment for them!?!)?

by the way, thanks SO much for your sweet words on our blog. it really made me feel warm and fuzzy and all that stuff inside. thank you for making my day!

the Eggett's said...

HA! I watched the skit, and of course I loved it. You are right, they never disappoint. Those sesame writers are pretty witty if I do say so myself.