Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy Birthdays!



This week, both my mom and oldest brother, Josh, have a birthday so I thought I would do a little post with some fun pictures of my mom with her favorite (and only) daughter and my brother with his favorite (and only) sister.  So Happy Birthday!  I hope that this birthday is a good one.

This picture was taken in Buffalo, NY where I went to spend a couple of weeks with my mom the summer before my senior year of high school.  We had a really great time and I'm so glad I went.
Even though Josh and I are nine years apart, he was always playing with me and was such a great big brother.


Before my mom and dad had kids, my mother was a beautiful ballerina.  Fortunately, my mother is still beautiful, unfortunately, while in college, she suffered from an injury and was unable to continue to dance.  Do you want to know what else in unfortunate?  A daughter with two left feet.  But she didn't care and offered to choreograph the Nut Cracker play that I was in in elementary school.  This picture was actually in the paper.  Yeah, you know it's a small town when the elementary school in Altus, Oklahoma gets their picture in the paper.
Because my ballet skills were questionable, I decided to try sports because that was what my brothers did and I faired much better.  And even though all of my brothers played with me, Josh would always help me when I asked, especially when it came to softball.  I remember he would hardly ever miss a game that I played and it meant so much to look into those stands and see his bleached, feathered hair.
Ah yes, my high school graduation.  All I can really say about that is it was a questionable day considering how many U's I had to make up in order to graduate.  But it was so great to have my mom there cheering for me.
And finally, this is my favorite picture of Josh and me and not because it was in the paper and not because we were in Japan, but because it reminds me of how much fun we had when we were little and how much I miss it.
Happy birthday, you two.  I hope that these few pictures brought back some fun memories and put a smile on your faces.  I love you both and hope you each have a fun and happy day.

No comments: