Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Birthday, Ellie!


It happened.  She made it.  She survived.  She's one and I can't believe it!  It's strange how quickly it came and also how long it seemed to get here.  When she was first born I would get up five, maybe six times a night and because I was becoming delirious with my lack of sleep, I started to think that this was my life and I would be doing this for the next 18 years.  Slowly but surely, she started progressing by sleeping through the night, rolling over, then crawling, and now walking.  She's also become quite talkative in her young age.  She says the usual dadda and momma, but she also says bigger words like cheese and juice and can kind of count to five.  I love to hear her talk.  I guess there are so many things that I can say about her and I'm sure no one has four hours to read a blog post, so instead I will post some fun pictures from her party, and also the 12 pictures I love most that represent the 12 months we have had her so far.  But I would like to thank all of our family and friends who have not only supported Hubert and me so much, but have also loved Ellie.  We appreciate it more than we can say.

Party Pictures

The birthday girl
Ellie and Guy
Jake and Milo Baxter
The Meese twins, Graham and Harrison
Ellie and Aunt Ashley
Daintily demolishing her cake
Confusingly opening presents
Again, the birthday girl
Her life, so far

Meeting each other for the first time
Taking a nap with dad at the hospital
Her first day home, finally
Being with Grandma Kami
Being with Grandma Natasha and Grandpa Gonzalo, while Isaac slept
Smiling with Grandpa Steele
Conquering the boppy
Relaxing
Laughing at her crazy mom
Loving the camera
Posing
Smiling with her momma

3 comments:

Charles said...

Firstly great pictures. the most surprising was that of Ellie and Guy. It has such character I got a kick out of it. Secondly I as an Anasco uncle feel a little cheated. I think Robert would agree that the post should be amended to include us. ; ) But of course it's your blog and I wouldn't want to impose....

Nells-Bells said...

Happy birthday, Ellie! Naomi had a blast celebrating too. Can't believe they are both 1. We need to set up more playdates. ;)

Joshua & Lindsay said...

Sorry we missed Ellie's birthday! She has grown so much and is so beautiful, as you no doubt already know. It's nice that you posted a pic of little Milo (who's also not very little anymore) too b/c Jake only manages to post pictures of hairy-half-naked-men on his blog :-) Gross! Can't wait till we get to see you guys again!